New official fees for the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office (OEPM)
There has been a 1% increase in the amount of the OEPM’s official fees, as a consequence of the publication of the new Law 6/2018, of July 3, of the State General Budgets for 2018. The only exception has been the rates that were already updated by the standards approved in the year 2017. In particular, the fees included in Law 24/2015, of Patents, which entered into force on April 1, 2017, will not be affected by this new regulation.
Likewise, the General State Budget for 2018 introduces a novelty, the unification of the amounts that the OEPM charges for services that have essentially common characteristics, regardless of the modality of the industrial property title on which they fall, these are:
– request for restoration of rights
– filing an appeal or request for review
– consultation and view of a file
– copy of documents from a file
– announcement in the Official Bulletin of the Industrial Property of the Interposition
of contentious-administrative appeal or failure of the contentious-administrative appeal
– incription of modifications
– filing oppositions
– inscription of a change of the owner’s name
In the following link you will find a document with the updated amounts of the rates for 2018:
The new official rates will be effective as of July 5, 2018.
Want new articles before they get published?
Subscribe to our Newsletter!